Monday, March 29, 2010

Rainy Monday

It’s a sleepy, rainy Monday today. After such a busy week last week, and a weekend jam-packed with chores and social events, I decided today was a good day to play hooky with my daughter. I feel like a bad mom, keeping her out of school, but because I’ve been so busy lately, I really missed just being cozy and focusing only on her. So today we planned to paint Easter eggs and watch her favorite Harry Potter movie. Unfortunately, all this rain has kept me on edge. I can hear the water trickling into my basement at a steady pace. We also have one sick chicken that we quarantined and it looks like her new home is becoming too wet for her to be comfortable. Perhaps it’s time to call my hubby, so he can play hooky too and worry about chickens and wet basements and child rearing while we drift off to sleep watching Harry Potter.

ps: Blogger doesn't want to post my image today. Hmmm...anyone else having this problem?

9 comments:

Karen said...

That sounds like a lovely idea for today -- everyone needs to take a "sick day" every now and then :)

Karen said...

And yes, I'm having the same image posting problem! I hope they fix the bug soon...

Carey said...

I call them "mental health days" (though I always feel too guilty to take one). All the very, very best to the chicken. I don't wanna know if she doesn't make it:(

p.s. I don't have a blog, but as a blog reader I've noticed many of the photos on many blogs are not showing up. Just a square with an "x" in it.

Bevy said...

yup!! having blogging image issues here, too. I thought it was just me.

Low Tide High Style said...

Blogger is having some hiccups today and so I think we are all having a few problems.

And never feel bad about spending time with your children. I told my kids that each year they could have a few "personal" days to stay home and do what they wanted. That's how real life is once you start working, everyone gets a few personal days every now and then, so why not kids! And in 20 years time, when you ask your daughter to recite what she learned on a certain day she won't be able to, but she will remember staying home on a rainy day and painting Easter eggs with her mom!

I think your hubby needs to play hooky too! ;-)

Kat :)

Robin said...

Oh I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one having problems loading my pictures today! I was starting to get frustrated.

So glad you decided to take a "me" day. Everyone needs one now and then. It's always amazes me how much more smoothly things go afterwards. Enjoy the day.

Elissa said...

I so agree that it's a good thing to let your kids take an occasional personal day from school, especially to spend time with Mom! It's been raining here all day too, and I know how it feels to have a sick chicken. I just finished nursing our favorite little araucana back to health after she was attacked by a hawk. She spent over a month living in a crate in our basement, but is now back with the flock. Hope your chicken gets well soon!

Amy @ Homestead Revival said...

I'm still having issues with blogger loading photos and it's Tuesday morning. I thought it was my computer. Glad to hear it isn't, but hope everyone gets up and running at full capacity soon.

And hope your basement issue is solved!

Musings Of A Gem said...

It is so horrible going out in the cold and wet rain and wind...I HATE it! Wish the sun would come out at some point soon! :D

Love Gemma X

http://musings-of-a-gem.blogspot.com/