Monday, March 22, 2010

Pussy Willow Wreath

A few years ago, I received a flower arrangement from a friend that had beautiful pussy willows tucked inside. Once the flowers had wilted, I put the pussy willow twigs in a glass of water. A few weeks later roots sprouted, which surprised me, so I decided to plant them in the garden. Today I have a giant pussy willow tree. I'm not kidding. The thing is huge after just three years. Of course, not knowing it would be such a great success, I planted it in a very bad spot. Sadly, my husband will have to take it down this weekend. It's in full bloom, so I've been thinking of ways to display them. I found directions to make this pussy willow wreath at HGTV. I shall give it a try. I will also put some of the twigs into water and start all over again.

5 comments:

geschichtenvonkat said...

aw, too bad it can't be moved? maybe some of the cuttings will produce shoots again though, who knows.

the wreath is beautiful though, so sweet and lovely for spring!

Karen said...

This is a wonderful idea!

Beach Vintage said...

I love when this happens. I always throw my buds, dead plants in the garden beds. Its amazing what shoots up. Thanks so much for your sweet words yesterday.

My Yellow House said...

That's too bad about the tree - perhaps it could be saved and moved somewhere else ~
How lucky you were that it actually grew.
I love the wreath - I may have to try and make one. I'd love it if it actually came out looking like the picture!
:) Sarah

Make a Beautiful Pussy Willow Wreath said...

Sooo beautiful...who knew they had so many personalities? I love that idea from Anytime flowers but they are all gorgeous...thanks for the inspiration.