Tuesday, June 7, 2011

hay fever

Spring is such a busy time in our little rural town. The only traffic jams we see are created by slow-moving tractors. Farmers are the move; gardeners are dreaming up landscapes, softball and baseball games send cheers into the night air. It seems no one has rested since March. Perhaps this is why I always love haying time. Though the farmers move fast, taking full advantage of sunny days, the hay bales seem to stand still and quiet, at least for little while.





3 comments:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

What a beautiful sight; I love fresh cut hay...it means food for the animals!

Holly said...

And doesn't it smell so refreshing??? Not that I can tell, as the real "hay fever" has settled into my sinus's!!!! I love how the fields are a vibrant green after the cutting. Good old summertime!!

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

I love the smell of fresh cut hay! We live in a farm community too and it's just always a lovely sight!

Have a lovely weekend!

Mary