Monday, June 27, 2011

catch of the day

While on a trip to the beach this weekend, I caught this guy having a fine lunch. I was glad he found his own snack, so he wouldn't be tempted to come after mine. Last year, my brother-in-law told me he waited in line for quite some time at the beach snackbar for a hamburger, only to have a seagull dive down and steal it from him on his way back to the blanket. It seems these handsome creatures are getting more aggressive, but they'll have to put up a good fight before I let go of my fried clams.

7 comments:

Marta said...

That's true ! In Spain they seem they're starving... The more I know birds, the most I love dogs.
XO, from Spain,
Marta ;O)
www.encasadetiagretel.blogspot.com
www.eraseunacasa.blogspot.com

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

That is a wonderful photo! I can not believe that a seagull would steal a hamburger... oh my goodness! lol

the girl is craftee said...

Haha! That has happened to a friend of mine here in Southern California too! A seagull swooped down and took her sandwich right out of her hand!

La said...

I can envision a throwdown between you and the seagull over your fried clams. :o)

Oh my, I see you have some new goodies...temptations.

Be sure to stop by my blog tomorrow to enter my giveaway.

Have a great week! La

Seven Gates Farm said...

They are very aggressive. The worst is when they fly and poop on you. I'm never sure if it's payback for not sharing my food or what!

mountain mama said...

hee hee :)

Exchange hosting services said...

Lovely!