Monday, July 6, 2009

fishing with dad

Welcome back everyone! Hope you all had a lovely long weekend with summertime celebrations. We had a gorgeous little break with lots of relaxation, fresh air and fishing. I have so many beautiful memories of fishing with my Dad as a young girl. I was kind of a girly-girl so I'd get grossed out by baiting the hook with the worm. Dad was always amused by this and always happy to help too. The thing I remember the most is how quiet we had to be. It was so peaceful. Now that we go fishing with our Daughter, I can easily see why my clever Dad chose this sport: because we had to be quiet. I hope my daughter will look back fondly on her fishing journeys too.

5 comments:

Simply Mel said...

Your papa was a smart man...I think I will take our little girl fishing (or at least for a quiet getaway!). :)

Bonnie said...

great pictures, I wish I were there now! Also, don't forget....you have to be quiet AND make fish lips in order to catch anything.

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

Sweet post...the lazy hazy days of summer!

Lee Beth said...

Hello. Just checking out new blogs and I really like yours. Feel free to come check out mine if you'd like. How nice does it have to be to live on the farm?

LuLu said...

great memory and love the relaxation of fishing!
LuLu