Wednesday, June 17, 2009

True Love Ways

My husband and I met on Martha's Vineyard 19 years ago about this time of year. One warm summer night a bunch of us were out on the town. As we all started to pile in our old Jeep I asked him a question, which I shan't repeat here. I will only tell you his reply, which was, "Yes, to the right music." This was so the right answer. As we headed down the country roads, hair blowing all over in the night air, this Buddy Holly song came on the radio. He turned to me and said, "Like this song." This was so the right answer. We eloped eight weeks later. Needless to say, this is our song. What's your song?

6 comments:

Simply Mel said...

This post made me smile from ear-to-ear! I LOVE love - especially when it involves the 'real thing'!

Our song Two Sunsets by Ludovico Einaudi

Beach Vintage said...

Wonderful song. A true classic.

Farmgirl Paints said...

What a great love story and great song! I have a big smile on my face right now:)

Diann said...

Great story....great song.
Love the Vineyard. It's a great place to fall in ,or be in love.

Our song ..speaking of the Vineyard..James Taylor..You've Got a Friend

Trina said...

Great song, and what a great story to go with it. I would love to go to Martha's Vineyard, it sounds so classic summer! Hubby and I don't have a song really, not one I guess, but we did meet at a show. My friend went up to him and told him, "the brunette thinks you're HOT (that's me, the brunette)." Of course I had no idea and for awhile there, thought that we had met in a very mature, and grown-up manner. Instead, I sounded like I was in high school.

farmhouse wares said...

Trina, that's so funny. Well, there's something to say about the high school mentality! So carefree.

Diann, What a sweet song to pick as yours. James Taylor is very Vineyard.