Thursday, May 28, 2009

Father's Day Gift Idea

Ever since I was little my Dad had a mammoth vegetable garden. No matter what size yard we had, he always managed to make an amazing garden there. He'd spend summer nights with a small radio, listening to the ball game and tending the garden. But a few years ago, he just grew tired of it, and he planted grass where a once freshly tilled garden would wait to be planted with pumpkins, squash and many other veggies. He began asking me to make a smaller garden design for him--one that was more manageable and closer to the house. This year I will surprise him with just that. Coordinating behind his back should prove to be challenging.

I'm thinking these adorable herb plant stakes will be nice to go along with my larger goal. I just love that they come with this glass-topped wooden box keeper. They make a lovely gift for any gardner. Each stake measures 1" x 7.5" x .25", box measures 8.5" x 4" x 2". Includes nine wood stakes, which are painted black with white lettering for Sage, Basil, Oregano, Lavender, Thyme, Parsley, Mint, Dill and Rosemary.