Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A S'More Bar


This crisp, cool weather is just right for nights by a cozy campfire. We spend so much time by our outdoor fireplace, toasting marshmallows, drinking wine, and telling stories. S'Mores are a traditional campfire treat, and the kids light up when we offer them. It's almost more fun to watch the adults, though. It brings out the kid in all of us I guess. So you can imagine how thrilled I was to learn about this S'Mores Bar from Erin at Dandelion & Grey via Postcards & Pretties. What a brilliant idea! Erin created this S'Mores buffet using our Wire Gathering Baskets to hold the marshmallows and graham crackers. So adorable. The S'Mores Bar is a must at my next outdoor party.


7 comments:

Sweet Old Vintage said...

great... yummy idea

* French Farmhouse 425 * said...

~*~such a fun display ~*~* :)

Southern Lady said...

What a yummy idea! I love smores. Carla

Tammy said...

Love it! very cute!
Tammy :-)

Karrina said...

Mmm, I think the presentation is a tad more scrumptious than the s'mores themselves. For a twist try ginger snaps instead of graham crackers. Ooh, or a Marshmallow Peep in lieu of a plain marshmallow. I thinks Peeps are gross but something about skewering one of those iconic Easter treats and roasting it over an open flame sounds sinfully delightful.

Robin said...

Fantastic fun. Love this idea.

Colleen said...

I love this idea! We are having family come in town this weekend and I am always at a loss to do with that many people. I may be stealing this idea. It is so perfect. Thanks for sharing!