Monday, April 5, 2010

A goat story

Isn't he cute? His name is Calvin. He's a real charmer, and he's a little mischievous too. He's staying on my dad's farm because he was getting into too much trouble with all the girls at his place. We stayed with my parents this past weekend to celebrate Easter. My husband and I awoke yesterday to some pretty loud crying from Calvin. At first, we thought he must be missing his girls, but my husband quickly identified the cry as something more alarming. Sure enough, when I looked out the window, Calvin appeared to be stuck between the fencing. My dad was still sleeping, so I threw on some shoes and went to Calvin's rescue. His horn, which had previously been removed and was just a twisted stump, was actually wrapped around a piece of wire from the fencing and his face was pushed up against the barn. He sure was in a pickle. I had to push and pull to free the wire from under is horn. He yelped the entire time. It only took me a minute to free him. Afterwards, Calvin stayed close by me, making little crying sounds and smelling my hand. My dad said he must really like me because he usually runs away from everyone. I was secretly pleased to know I had won Calvin's heart. After all, he had won mine the moment I saw his adorable face.

8 comments:

Kelsey said...

Ahh! He is too cute.

Also, hi!
Ms. Alex Rico pointed me toward your lovely little blog (we go to school & I am notoriously addicted to all blogs with cute pictures, hahaha).

Cindy said...

We have raise and rescued so many goats in the past.They can always get their heads into something..just quite can't get out!!lol
He will do it again..why? Who knows what they are thinking!!!

Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Low Tide High Style said...

Calvin is too cute and I'm sure he was happy to have "mom" come rescue him from his predicament!

Kat :)

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Goats can be so much fun as well as work.Lil Calvin was grateful you saved him.How Sweet! ~Cheers Kim

Bevy said...

that's too cute...

My Yellow House said...

I'm jealous! I love goats and Calvin is adorable! Whenever we go to the zoo, I spend most of the time in the children's petting area with the goats! :)
Sarah

The Little Red Shop said...

Ahhh..the poor thing...but you saved the day!

Sweet!

: )

Julie M.

pharmgurhl said...

cute!!! makes me miss my home! We didn't have goats, but baby calves would get attached the same way.