Friday, January 22, 2010

The Winter Party Revealed

Well, another winter weekend is upon us. Here are a few snapshots from our winter party last weekend. Things should be quieter around here. I have a new couch coming next week, so I will spend my time cleaning in honor of its arrival. I can't wait. I've had the same couch for 17 years. It has survived all kinds of baby bloopers, sick cat trauma (not pretty), kids playing manicure (hello red nail polish), a sharpie test by my daughter (which failed BTW) and finally, Jenny Marie's never ending nail grooming habit. Now, I'm not one to shy away from a challenge, so I ordered a natural white couch. (Don't LOL.) It's slip covered, so I'm fantasizing that I'll be able to easily clean it. Nonetheless, my daughter has been in new couch training all week. The training drills will be harsh this weekend. I'm not fooling around, this new one should last another 17. Enjoy your weekend.

6 comments:

Tracy is ... Loving Pretty Things said...

can't wait to see the before/after pics!

Have a great weekend ~

Amy Blogs @ River Rock Cottage said...

I have a slip covered sofa and I love it! BUT... when they say dry clean on the tag, the mean it!!! I washed mine at home and nearly couldn't get it back on. It shrunk around the bottom as well, so it doesn't quite touch the floor anymore. I'm the one who notices this the most. By cover is a mustard background with a large floral print. Next house... It gets a white cover! I like a challenge, too!

Low Tide High Style said...

Your winter party looked wonderful! Can't wait to see the new couch. Everyone I know who has a slip covered couch loves it!

Kat :)

Bevy said...

Yeah, when we moved (recently) we got new furniture. I had been tired of the white slipcover (that I loved when I was single) then when I got married and started to have kids... it was wearing on me... to keep up with it.

But. I'll be honest. As much as I love this new furniture; it's fabric, color and all... I've been secretly thinking about going back to a slipcover again. Not sure about white, though, this time around.

Can't wait to see pics. I bet it will look great with your recovered chair.

Jo said...

Looks like a wonderful party!

Enjoy your new couch ~ it's always such fun bringing something new into your home.

Jo

Lisa said...

OMG someone else has had their couch as long as I have! Unfortunately a new slipcover for mine NOW costs as much as the damn couch did many years ago! So happy for you. So funny, I would be the same way, I would totally clean and prepare for it's arrival and then glare at anyone who dare wanted to SIT on it.
Love how you posted your winter party!
xo Lisa