Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Jenny's not too thrilled

Happy Tuesday! Hope you all had a great weekend. We had such a fun party. I'll try to get some pictures up soon. I also made a wee bit of progress on my slipcover project. I decided to tackle the seat cushion first because it seemed the most straightforward. I went with the oatmeal colored material shown at the bottom of the pile. The hardest part of this project has been trying to pry Jenny Marie (the cat) out of the chair so I can take measurements and such. I'm not kidding you, it's like a drug to her. She never leaves it. You can see from the top picture that she's not too thrilled with all my fussing. She thinks the chair is just fine as it is. I slipped the cushion cover on last night to see how it fit, and she jumped right back on top of it, so I went off to bed. The cushion fill is all feathers, which is super comfy, but it looks a little lumpy. I'm debating whether to add some foam to make the overall appearance a little neater. (Don't tell my husband or Jenny Marie.) I still have to make some adjustments and add a zipper or some Velcro to the back to close it up. I'll just have to wait until Jenny abandons her post for some food before I can work on it again.