Monday, October 5, 2009

The world around me

Last week, much of my time seemed to be spent hunched over my computer, working. I didn't get out much. When I did, I was lost in thought, so I didn't see the world around me. Well, I emerged today into the fresh air, starting with an early morning bike ride. I was amazed how much had changed--the trees looked brilliant against the blue sky and there were so many gorgeous fall decorations adorning each house that I went by. There were mums, pumpkins and Halloween displays everywhere. It's amazing how much has changed in just one week. I made a promise to myself to break away from the computer more often and keep my eyes open to the world around me.

Image found via Good Housekeeping

5 comments:

Ticking and Toile said...

what a gorgeous front porch! I know...it's easy to get caught up on the computer, and not always easy to get out & get fresh air and take in the world around us! I really enjoy your blog & awarded you the "honest scrap" award. Please see my blog for details.

Take Care!

Shellagh

Tracey said...

The same thing happens to me sometimes...get too caught up in trying to get everything done. One of these days we'll slow down, right?! The leaves are really starting to turn beautiful shades around here too!

:) T

A Country Farmhouse said...

Isn't it so exciting - I just love this time of year. It's so cozy and crisp! ; ) Trina

Jo said...

Some times you just need to give yourself permission to relax for a moment and enjoy the beauty around you before it passes you by.

Jo

LuLu said...

I'm so glad you got the chance for a bike ride to enjoy the scenary. After the week i'm having... so busy, i too am going to take your advice and enjoy the autumn colors.
xo,
LuLu