Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Dish Ran Away with The Spoon

At Farmhouse Wares, we instantly fell for this new bowl and spoon combo from Flavour Design Studio. Designer Élan says, “I strive to design products that make people say ‘why didn't I think of that!’ My pieces aim to be clever yet elegant with a strong emphasis on ergonomics and functionality. I believe that the items you choose to surround yourself with should be interesting. They should enable you to strike up a conversation or at least make you smile.”

The Dish Ran Away with the Spoon concept surely made my daughter smile this morning. She was fascinated and then promptly begged for ice cream for breakfast. (But it’s so hot Mommy.) Nice try kid.

Flavour Design Studio uses a lead free glaze, which is comforting to know these days.
I think it’s a brilliant gift for anyone who works in an office and can never find a clean spoon in the company kitchen. Just advise them to keep it at their desk.

They stack nicely. They're dishwasher and microwave safe, save for the spoon of course. Set comes with one bowl and one stainless steel spoon. Just $21 at Farmhouse Wares.