Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Healthy, Wealthy and Wise



I’m no Feng Shui expert, but I do like the sense of possibility offered by many of the concepts. For instance, in order to stimulate abundant wealth Feng Shui practitioners advise placing a bowl of oranges in the southeast corner of your home. Of course I shared this useful tip with all my friends. Some ended up arguing with their husbands over what constituted the southeast corner and others were more concerned over the variety of fruit: would Clementines have the same effect? To be honest, I’m not even sure if the rule is southeast corner of the home or more specifically the kitchen. It could be pretty bizarre to see a bowl of oranges in one’s bathroom if that happens to be the right corner. If you know, please let me know.

Anyway, I’m not sure if it’s working yet, but I do know we all seem to be eating healthier snacks because the bowl is so accessible. One less trip to the doctor will definitely make us wealthier.

P.S. The same hand-hewn wood bowl pictured above is available at Farmhouse Wares.