Monday, February 4, 2008

Mood Altering Experience

I'm just going to come right out and say it: I'm seriously sad that the Patriots lost the big game last night. I mean, they won all 18 games they played this season, shouldn't the trophy be theirs? I'm a bit suprised at myself. It's not like I'm a die-hard football fan. But I am a perfectionist, and the idea of the perfect season felt so good to me.

Anyway, I need something to cheer me up. Luckily, there are new studies that indicate if you just look at fresh flowers every morning your mood will improve. People reported feeling more cheerful and energetic throughout the day. That seems a worthy investment. It has the added bonus of supporting local growers, which is also a worthy investment.

So I'm off to fill my Trumpet Vase ,which is by Potluck Studios, with something that I am hopeful will alter my mood. After all, flowers will make me think of spring, and spring will make me think of baseball.