Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My Bathroom Makeover

We recently gave our bathroom a much-needed makeover.
I've been putting up with our outdated bath since we moved in
to our little farmhouse over 15 years ago.
Now, I think of any excuse to go visit by new bathroom.
Call it cabin fever, but every spring I get the overwhelming desire to tackle one big interior design project. We went top to bottom with this bathroom makeover. We pretty much gutted it and started with a clean slate. My favorite design change was adding the beadboard wainscoting. It transformed the entire room. We also added a vintage style vanity light, as we had never had a light over the vanity and it drove me crazy.
The vanity and matching mirror are from
the Martha Stewart Living Seal Harbor Bath Collection. The vanity has a gorgeous farmhouse style sink and plenty of storage space, which we needed. We gave the floors a country pine look and happily said "ba-bye" to the old worn out vinyl. The toilet is new, too. It's a Kohler high-efficiency toilet with water conservation. Who knew a new toilet could bring so much pleasure?
The faucet is also from the Martha Stewart Living Seal Harbor Bath Collection.
I really like that the polished nickle has a warm tone to it
unlike some metals that appear too cool and dark for my taste.
We're still working on the accessories, but my rocks from York, Maine have found a happy home here, and they seem to fit right in with their seal harbor companions.
I am so in love with my new bath that I couldn't stand looking at our other bathroom, so....look for that makeover post soon.