Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My Bathroom Makeover

We recently gave our bathroom a much-needed makeover.
I've been putting up with our outdated bath since we moved in
to our little farmhouse over 15 years ago.
Now, I think of any excuse to go visit by new bathroom.
Call it cabin fever, but every spring I get the overwhelming desire to tackle one big interior design project. We went top to bottom with this bathroom makeover. We pretty much gutted it and started with a clean slate. My favorite design change was adding the beadboard wainscoting. It transformed the entire room. We also added a vintage style vanity light, as we had never had a light over the vanity and it drove me crazy.
The vanity and matching mirror are from
the Martha Stewart Living Seal Harbor Bath Collection. The vanity has a gorgeous farmhouse style sink and plenty of storage space, which we needed. We gave the floors a country pine look and happily said "ba-bye" to the old worn out vinyl. The toilet is new, too. It's a Kohler high-efficiency toilet with water conservation. Who knew a new toilet could bring so much pleasure?
The faucet is also from the Martha Stewart Living Seal Harbor Bath Collection.
I really like that the polished nickle has a warm tone to it
unlike some metals that appear too cool and dark for my taste.
We're still working on the accessories, but my rocks from York, Maine have found a happy home here, and they seem to fit right in with their seal harbor companions.
I am so in love with my new bath that I couldn't stand looking at our other bathroom, so....look for that makeover post soon.

14 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful makeover!!!!! I especially love the vanity!

Rural Revival said...

It looks fantastic! Very country charming. : )

Pamela said...

How beautiful! You did a fab job. Where oh where did you find the vanity light?

Mandie said...

Love it!! It's beautiful :-)

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I love it. The sink, cabinet , faucets all lovely. You have such a nice style.

farmhouse wares said...

Thanks everyone! Pamela, I found the light at Home Depot for a fraction of the price that other retailers were offering for a similar style. The base is easy to take apart and spray paint if needed. Here's the link http://www.homedepot.com/Lighting-Fans-Indoor-Lighting-Wall-Lighting-Wall-Mount/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbvnvZ12ky/R-100187253/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051

Robin said...

Beautiful makeover. I adore the color you picked and the beadboard is always a happy addtion to any room in my book. I love the vintage style light fixture you added too!

Mary Ann Potter said...

Oh, there's simply nothing quite as special as a makeover. We moved to our farm, a 55 acre paradise, a year ago; we've had to do a lot of paint-up and fix-up, too, but it's well worth it! I found your store site in Country Living magazine and am so delighted to have found your blog as well. I send greetings from Windy Hollow Farm where you have to go through Stem and Shoofly to get here!

Annasz said...

Bardzo mi siÄ™ podoba Twoj blog.
Pozdrawiam

Poll Nike said...

Microsoft has Office 2010 to remove from the subscription site to MSDN,TechNet, Expression.Microsoft sentenced to stop sales of Word and Microsoft Office 2010 Download.

Guy Mccardle said...

The white walls add a serene atmosphere inside your bathroom. And the new flooring just gave your bathroom a more countryside look that fits your farmhouse. I hope you find good accessories that can complement the new features in the bathroom. :)

Jinnifer richard said...

very nice blog

Randell Jeffries said...

This is awesome! I love how the pastel color changed almost everything in your bathroom. For one, it added freshness and an indescribable elegancy to the room’s aesthetics. Good job!

Stephanie Clark said...

could you place share the type of floor that you used? (you could email me)