Monday, October 25, 2010

Shaker Style Peg Rails

Winter is coming and soon coats, hats and mittens will needs a nice, neat home. This means I'd like a functional place that is NOT a kitchen chair (where my husband and daughter prefer to put theirs). I love the clean simplicity of Shaker peg rails. I'm thinking of installing them around the entire length of our porch/mudroom. I did this in our bedroom a few years ago, but where does my husband throw his clothes? That's right, on the chair. How do you train them?

5 comments:

* French Farmhouse 425 * said...

I love that idea!! Make sure to post pics when you finish!! Hugs,Rachel ;)

Kim said...

Sounds like if he is getting them on the chair and not on the floor, you are doing great. The pegs are really cute though!

WhiteWhispers2u said...

I too Love the Shaker style very simple, clean lines.~Cheers Kim

Capricorn Soap Company said...

LOVE the Shaker pegs. As for the husband and the chair situation, well...you've got me on that one. I'm still trying to get mine to do the laundry. If you come across a secret, do let me know. :-)

Southern Lady said...

There is no training husbands and children. I have tried! Carla