Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Blue Bird Cigar Box

Vintage cigar boxes had such beautiful label designs. As cigar smoking became more popular, cigar companies would fight for attention by creating more and more elaborate cigar boxes. I just love how many of the images were very feminine for something so traditionally masculine.

I have fond memories of my dad's cigar smoke wafting through our summer cabin on rainy days. Getting one of his used cigar boxes was such a treat for me. I'd stash away memorabilia from family vacations or notes from bff's. It was hard to tell what was more important--the keepsakes or the beautiful box that held them.

This vintage style Blue Bird Cigar Box is a reproduction of the early 1900's cigar box by the popular Blue Bird brand. I think it's time to create some new memories for this little box. Available at Farmhouse Wares.