Monday, January 12, 2009

Sweetheart Conversation Hearts




The Sweetheart Conversation Hearts bring back bittersweet memories. I can remember being in gradeschool and setting up my little Valentine mailbox in anticipation for the big day. I actually lived in fear that I might not receive a single Valentine. I imagined the worst, and visualized how I would cope in front of all my classmates. Luckily, I never had to face that situation, as my mailbox always got filled with little cards and sweetheart candies--as did everyone's. (Thank goodness for all the politcally correct parents that know it's just not nice to leave anyone out.)

The Sweetheart Conversation Hearts are an American icon, and their sweet little g-rated messages have been part of Valentine's Day traditions since 1902. Hard to believe that the New England based company, Necco came up with the concept when Abraham Lincoln was still the Pres.