Tuesday, April 12, 2011

happy times

Spring is starting to bloom around here. After another round of snow last week, Mother Nature is finally giving us a break with a blast of warmer weather. My daughter and I had a bet as to when our piles of snow in the driveway would melt. She guessed April 11 back in early March. I scoffed, and more optimistically chose April 1. Well, yesterday there was a little sandy patch of snow when we went down to the bus. It was gone by afternoon. April 11 on the spot. She is quite pleased with herself, and I am pleased that this new warm air is making my gardens begin to unfurl with happy colors.

4 comments:

Southern Lady said...

So glad that your snow is gone! Carla

Elisabeth said...

Do you still have the white pedestal bowls that you posted about last spring? I didn't see them on the website but I'm hoping you'll still get more some time!
Thanks,
Elisabeth

farmhouse wares said...

Hi Elizabeth,

Unfortunately, the white pedestal bowl is no longer available. We're on the look out for new ones and will keep the blog posted as we do. Have a great day!

Natasha said...

Beautiful tulips! We had snow today in Quebec which turned into rain. I can't wait until the tulips and flowers start showing their pretty faces here soon!