Tuesday, November 9, 2010

sweet and salty roasted pecans

I made these sweet and salty roasted pecans as a snack the other day, and they were out-of-control delish. My family went nuts for them (excuse the pun). This southern style recipe is super easy, and I'm thinking this will make a nice Thanksgiving gift for my family. I'll wrap them in vintage containers and tie the recipe on with a pretty bow. Give 'em a try:

You'll need:
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
12oz whole pecans
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1.Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Lightly grease a rimmed baking pan.
2.Combine the egg white and water in a mixing bowl; beat until fluffy. Fold in the pecans to coat evenly. Combine the sugar, salt, and ground cinnamon in a shaker or cup with a lid. Dust the pecans evenly with the sugar mixture. Spread the nuts over the prepared pan.
3.Bake in preheated oven until toasted and fragrant, stirring every 15 minutes, about 1 hour. Cool on pan, and store in an airtight container.

11 comments:

Posh Play said...

I love this idea especially served over a nice salad with goat cheese.

Celestial Charms said...

I'm all over this one. Just purchased a huge bag of pecans, so the timing is just right! Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe.
Maureen

Bevy said...

Love these...

I make them often especially during the holidays.

Robin said...

Sounds soooo good!

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I can't wait to make these, sounds easy and delicious too.

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I can't wait to make these, sounds easy and delicious too.

Southern Lady said...

I love nuts. I'll have to try this. Carla

* French Farmhouse 425 * said...

~Y~U~M~M~Y~!!!!!! ;)Rachel

Capricorn Soap Company said...

This sounds positively delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Seedplanter Designs said...

Mmmm! We love pecans. Might just have to try this recipe.

Pamela said...

I'm with Posh Play. I immediately thought of them sprinkled over a salad. I'll have to try it.