Monday, May 3, 2010

Lilac Love

I'm simply in love with lilacs. I love how they fill the air with the sweetest scent. I love how a vintage vase filled with their blooms can turn any home into a country retreat. I love how they remind me of my Grandmother and the hot May days we would spend making lilac necklaces together. If your feeling the love as much as I am, then consider a trip to the annual Lilac Festival of Rochester, NY, May 14-23. The host park has over 500 varieties of lilacs and 1200 bushes. That's 10 days of lilac bliss, and it's free.

11 comments:

Karen said...

I'd prefer a bouquet of lilacs to just about any other flower.

Bevy said...

That is such a beautiful photo... can almost smell them from here. ;)

Low Tide High Style said...

My grandparents had lovely lilac bushes just outside their back door and whenever I see or smell lilacs I think of them! My grandmother would always have a big bouquet of lilacs in her house when they were in bloom and they smelled heavenly! I wish I lived close enough to attend the festival, it sounds wonderful!

Kat :)

Jessica said...

Jealous.. Jealous.. Jealous....! No lilacs to be found here in FL :( Bought a candle the other day just to smell them!

Fresh + Simple said...

I'm trying to find a Lilac Fest by me tonight online.. Your photo is so perfect, so simple - it captures the pureness of lilacs exactly. Well done!
:) Lara

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

I can just smell them from here! I love the blue jar with the lilacs... a very chic combo!
Yvonne

Southern Lady said...

I am longing for some lilacs now!! Carla

Anne - Fiona and Twig said...

Just beautiful!
The juxtaposition of the blue glass and the purple lilacs is simply stunning!

I hope you have a wonderful week!

Anne

The Little Red Shop said...

How wonderful!

: )

Julie M.

Allison said...

I have always felt precisely the same draw to lilacs. Living abroad for 17 years, these are the blooms that bring my heart home. In fact, I wrote about them two days ago myself, and was delighted to discover that you have a similar affinity!

Robin said...

Simple gorgeous. Love your arrangment and love the flowers. Their scent is one of my favorites also.